Thursday 12 May 2011

THE START


THE GOOD STUFF IN RECOVERY


This weblog is simply a space of recovery stuff that has had meaning for me and taken my breath away if you will. It is a collection under one roof involving the words, images sounds and events of my fellows, that has awoken feelings in me which I hitherto had never been aware of, through many years of active addiction. 
Some of it still fills me up when I re-read.


Feel free to read and comment. Please share and contribute your own moments and examples where you have been so moved.  Post me a link, an image, or file and how it has made you feel. I will post it for us all to share. Most of all enjoy.

Hit the "follow" link at the top of the page and the "subscribe to posts" box above to keep updated and be part of the community. 

Don't forget to feed the fish with your mouse!

WHY MANNA?

Manna (Hebrew) is the name of the food that was God given and provided for the Israelites during their travels in the desert as recorded in the Bible "It was said to be sweet to the taste, like honey, and its juice was a life giver and a medicine for the eyes. It appeared like morning dew and when collected and consumed was uplifting of body and soul"

The Gathering of the Manna by James Tissot

 I have experienced much on this journey of recovery that has felt like "manna" a food for my soul if you will. Some I discovered my self; but much was revealed to me by others. I am profoundly grateful for my life today because of many unexpected gifts I have received. I am thankful for the experience and wisdom I have heard from those that have gone before me, those that I still know, and, those I continue to meet today, many who are themselves in recovery. 

I know now I have been touched by a grace which is closer to me than breathing, a power that was always close, but which I was asleep to, and blocked from, for decades. 

I wished I had started this back then but I didn't. Of necessity it will have to be both, an exploration, back through time as well as forward into the future. 

The common tread that runs through these posts is an experience of being moved by what I have read, seen or heard. Invariably it has been what I felt was in another's heart.

The intention is for this weblog to be a positive message for all on their journeys.

In Fellowship.

Shay 







Blog Directory


Sober Bloggers Directory

ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

2 comments:

  1. The beautiful significance of "Footprints in the Sand" is the fact that God will hold you up after the heart breaking blow. The Lord's foot prints in the sand is deep as he carries each of our burdens, pain and disappointments upon Himself. Meaning, the weight we feel in our souls is from the devastating blow. Fortunately, God is the one who carries us despite the weight, because he did overcome the world. God is our leader to take our hand and walk with us, or carry us through. The poem wrote it in a literal sense, but it is the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this site shay, When I read footprints it truly warmed my heart! you know my story shay and i understand manna, in fact i used to attend a day centre in London that was called The manna centre, food for the soul, for me God always held me up when i was clearly unable to hold myself up. The Director keeps me in line and directs me in my life! As you said i just have to remember who the director is (lol) xx

    ReplyDelete