Friday 13 May 2011

LAUGHING and not taking ourselves too seriously!

Laughter is strong medicine for mind and soul.

"Our sense of humor is one of the most powerful tools we have to make certain that our daily mood and emotional state support good health and sobriety.”
~ Paul E. McGhee, Ph.D.

Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring my mind back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens my burdens, inspires hopes, connects me to others, and keeps me grounded, focused, and alert. Above all it lifts my spirit.

The great thing in recovery is we also get to have a good laugh at ourselves!

With so much power to heal and renew, the ability to laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous resource for surmounting problems, enhancing our relationships, and supporting both physical and emotional health.

Here are some clips which really tickled me.




Now this is what I call a "belly laugh"







And finally how infectious the process is!



Ain't life a hoot!

1 comment: